- 5:00 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Tuesday of Month
- East Chicago Police Department
2301 E. Columbus Dr. 1st Flr Conf Room
East Chicago, IN 46312
- Email: email@example.com
- Due to Covid19 Restrictions meetings are conducted via zoom:
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81019525682
Meeting ID: 810 1952 5682
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,81019525682#,,,,,,0#,,964480# US (Chicago)
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Ricardo Chavarria
- Lora Kokot
- Rodolfo Sanchez
- Henry Rodriguez
- Tammy Sloss
Recording Secretary: Enedina Rodriguez
The jurisdiction of the Commission consists of three elements:
- Appointing police officers - that includes handling applications and an entrance of eligibility examination and agility tests. Customarily, commissions such as this one will hire testing consultants to compile these examinations.
- Promotions - the Commission is empowered or required to administer a second type of competitive examination plus oral interviews for the purpose of ranking fitness for promotion. There are other requirements such as grades, rank and time in that rank.
- Discipline - the Chief of Police has the power to impose certain disciplines; on other matters he has the power to impose charges against an officer and that officer can request a hearing before this Commission before the proposed discipline can take effect.