It is our intention to open Jeorse Park Beach and all its amenities May 27 through September 5, 2022 Memorial through Labor Day weekends. Stay tuned to this website for updates.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday
Noon to 7 p.m.
The Splash Pad is open additional days/hours, as weather and staff permit.
The Splash Pad may be closed at any time due to inclement weather, maintenance, or operational concerns. It is MANDATORY vacate the premises during thunderstorms.
The City of East Chicago or its agents are not responsible for any injuries incurred while at the Lakefront including but not limited to:
- Parking Lot
- Splash Pad
You enter these facilities at your own risk.
- Coolers are not allowed on the Splash Pad
- Entire Splash pad area including under sun shades and at tables is a tobacco-free zone - Smoking is not allowed
- The following are not allowed on the Splash Pad:
- Cell phones
- Glass Containers
- No charcoal or open flame cooking - No grilling in the entire Splash pad area or under sun shades and at tables - Grilling with propane/butane only is allowed on the beach and under the shelters in designated areas - You must clean up after yourselves and dispose of grease in garbage receptacles
- No climbing, leaning, sitting or jumping or running on fence, water sprays or plant beds
- No loud music allowed
- No pets allowed on the Splash Pad or Beach area per City Ordinance section 90.046 - Penalty section 90.999
- No running, horseplay, or profane language is permitted - Individuals engaging in unsafe or disruptive behavior will be required to leave
- No skateboards, skates, bicycles, or other wheeled recreational equipment allowed
- Pick up your own trash
- Proper swim attire is required - Slip-resistant water shoes are recommended
- Splash Pad is for children only up to age 14 - All children ages 10 and under must be supervised by an adult
- Swim diapers are required for all children under the age of 3
Shelters and picnic tables are available for general use unless reserved and rented. Groups with a reservation permit have priority use of shelters and picnic tables. City of East Chicago reserves the right to remove any person or group from the splash pad or beach violating any of the above rules.
Report any concerns The East Chicago Marina office 219-391-8482.
For emergencies dial 911.
For urgent but non-emergencies call the East Chicago Marina Guard House 219-391-8374.