SPLASH PAD sEASON - june through september 4th
LIKE MOST INDIANA BEACHES, NO LIFEGUARDS ON DUTY SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK
ANNUAL BEACH SEASON PARKING FEES
DAILY PARKING FEES
The City of East Chicago or its agents are not responsible for any injuries incurred while at the Lakefront including but not limited to:
- Parking Lot
- Splash Pad
You enter these facilities at your own risk.
- Coolers are not allowed on the Splash Pad
- The entire Splash pad area including under sun shades and at tables is a tobacco-free zone - Smoking is not allowed
- The following are not allowed on the Splash Pad:
- Cell phones
- Glass Containers
- No charcoal or open flame cooking - No grilling in the entire Splash pad area or under sun shades and at tables - Grilling with propane/butane only is allowed anywhere on the beach and under the shelters in designated areas - You must clean up after yourselves and dispose of grease in garbage receptacles.
- No climbing, leaning, sitting or jumping or running on fence, water sprays or plant beds
- No loud music allowed
- No pets allowed on the Splash Pad or Beach area per City Ordinance section 90.046 - Penalty section 90.999
- No running, horseplay or profane language is permitted - Individuals engaging in unsafe or disruptive behavior will be required to leave
- No skateboards, skates, bicycles, or other wheeled recreational equipment allowed
- Pick up your own trash
- Proper swim attire is required - Slip-resistant water shoes are recommended
Shelters and picnic tables are available for general use unless reserved and rented. Groups with a reservation permit have priority use of shelters and picnic tables. The city of East Chicago reserves the right to remove any person or group from the splash pad or beach violating any of the above rules.
Make reservations and report any concerns The East Chicago Marina office Monday - Friday 219-391-8482.
For emergencies dial 911.
For urgent but non-emergencies call the East Chicago Marina Guard House at 219-391-8374.