NURSING SERVICES NEW HOURS
Mon 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM; 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Fri 8:30 AM – 11:30 PM
(Hours and days subject to change please call ahead of visit)
MonkeyPox Testing, Vaccinations, Education, HIV & Syphilis Testing
Location: Dicks R U Crazee
Address: 1221 150th Street, Hammond, IN 46327
Date: Saturday 8/6/2022
Time: 9:00 PM - 12AM
*Testing for Monkeypox will be on symptomatic and qualification bases.*
The Health Department team endeavors to promote a healthy and informed community by promoting:
- Community health education
- Crisis Interventions
- Preventive Practices
- Risk of harm reduction strategies
- Wellness activities and initiatives
Our goal is to increase healthy lifestyle choices and outcomes for East Chicago residents and the surrounding communities.
Methods for Achievement
This aim is achieved through; community partnerships with public and private partners, businesses, social service agencies, faith based entities and health provider organizations
It is through and with you that together we make a positive difference in the lives of each other.
- Health Inspectors were certified by the State of Indiana as Standardized Food Program Inspection Officers.
Department Fun Facts
- East Chicago is one of only two cities statewide that continues to operate and manage a local health department for its residents
- The East Chicago Health Department is the only Health Department in northwest and central Indiana that operates an Animal Control Division at the local level.
No cash payments accepted for any services at the Health Department.
We accept money orders, cashier’s checks or debit/credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express).