Covid/Novel Coronavirus Information
Free Covid Drive Thru
East Chicago: Ivy Tech Community College
410 E. Columbus Drive
Friday July 10th- *3pm-8pm
July 11th-13th: 9am-6pm
This page will give the citizens of East Chicago data, resources, and information surrounding the Covid/Novel Coronavirus pandemic. Below you may find East Chicago case numbers, demographics, outside resources, and the services we provide. Our FAQ section has many different tips and resources to help navigate new CDC and ISDH regulations for your safety.
Update July 10: Is there local testing?
*Please allow a small margin of error as our nurse reviews information manually. Recorded deaths are residents that passed outside of East Chicago city limits.
|July 10||562 (15 new cases)|
|Gender||Male- 8, Female-6|
|Age||90’s-2, 80’s-5, 70's-3, 60's-3, 30’s-1|
|Ethnicity||African American-7, Latino-4, White-1, Unknown-2|
UPDATE: The EC Health DPT is resuming public services with modified safety protocols. Please call 219-391-8467 or check out our FAQ sections for these instructions.
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Human coronaviruses most commonly spread from an infected person to others through:
- The air by coughing and sneezing
- Close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands
- Touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes before washing your hands
- Rarely, fecal contamination
- It is highly recommended to receive a flu shot during this outbreak.