Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this birth certificate a legal document?
- Does this birth certificate include my time of birth and mother’s maiden name?
- Is this a long form birth certificate?
- Can I request an Apostille seal from East Chicago?
- Can I come to the East Chicago Health Department office for my birth certificate?
- Can I get a social security card from here?
- Do I need an appointment to get my birth certificate?
- How long will the in office visit take?
- My child was recently born, when will the certificate be ready?
- I was adopted. Can I get my certificate here?
- What will I need to get my birth certificate?
- I do not have a valid driver’s license or state ID. What can I do?
- Is the BMV issued temp paper ID accepted?
- Who can pick up my birth certificate in the case I cannot pick up my own?
- I am recently incarcerated, recently released from incarceration, in a shelter, in an institute, or am homeless. How can I request my birth certificate?
- I am a social worker, shelter representative, or lawyer firm requesting a certificate for my client. What do I need?
- Can I call ahead for my birth certificate and can I pay over the phone?
- Can I request my certificate through the mail?
- Can I purchase my certificate online?
- What will my relative need to get my certificate?
- My name and/or other information on my birth certificate is incorrect. What can I do?
- My name has been changed, how do I get a new certificate?